Sunday, 11 July 2010

Yeah, I've been a bit rubbish at bloggin'...

...and I blame it all on work: hummel sales conference, Berlin fashion week, photoshoots for next year's Spring/Summer collection to name just a few of the things that have stopped me from feeling creative in the kitchen [and then blogging about it]. But I'm back now! Yay ^-^ and that's all that matters. 

The good news is that I'm feeling waaay inspired with all this summer weather we're currently enjoying in Denmark. Time to ditch the heavy foodstuff and seek lighter alternatives to stay cool and fresh during this season! I'm actually in the middle of marinading some scallops for a romantic dinner tonight with the fella. Like with most things I cook in the kitchen, it's my first time. So keep your digits crossed for a scrummy result! Will post up some pics once it's all done.

In the meantime, I'd like to post up a lovely Danish 'The Bøller'  recipe [pron. "Te Boller"] that my friend Lissy made me when we were summer-housing in Løkken together. The Bøller translates to 'Tea Buns' - which are traditionally enjoyed with herbal tea, butter and homemade marmelade. This recipe earnt me some massive brownie points with the father-in-law when he came to visit a couple of months ago. 



Danish Oatmeal Tea Buns
20g yeast
0.8 liters of cold water
600g flour
200g oatmeal
200g whole wheat flour
1-2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp sugar or honey
a squeeze of lemon juice

Mix yeast in water. Gradually fold and knead all ingredients in. Cover the dough with clingfilm and let it sit in the fridge overnight [at least 8hrs]. Once it's ready and the dough has risen, preheat over to 210 degrees. Form the dough into bun-sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with foil and back for 25mins.

There. And that's literally it. Suuuuper easy. They turned out perfectly - even for me! 


Anyway, I'd better get back to preparing tonight's dinner...

3 comments:

  1. looks sooooo good! O.O nomnomnom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra!! So sorry for the late response - I just never expected anyone to write on here! Goodness, I really need to be more active on this blog. But yay, these were nomnomnom indeed ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha its okay! but i really look at your blog quite frequently - cause you do "proper" posts with so yummie-stuff in it...! i wish there whre more clean-poster i knew. but yeah like i said i like your blog :D

    ReplyDelete