Monday, 3 May 2010

Fried Mince Pork + Fragrant Jasmine Rice.

After a day full of brain-frazzling meetings, my cold symptoms only got worse by the time I got home today. With Mr Nik at Danish class, I thought I'd treat him to a yummy dinner ready on the table for when he gets home. Won't hurt to earn myself some extra brownie points I guess! ;)

I've been feeling kinda homesick recently, so I knew this dish was definitely gonna perk me up. My mum used to make this [along with like, 4 other dishes] as a typical mid-week feast in the Lee household.

Mmmmmm... almost as good as my Mama's.

Ingredients:
- Sunflower oil
- Minced pork [seasoned with salt, white pepper & Shao Sing wine]
- Handful of runner beans
- Yellow pepper
- 1 Scallion
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- Ginger. Grated over wok whilst cooking.
- 2 [small] eggs. Whisked. Seasoned with S+P, splash of milk.
- 1 finely chopped chilli

Marinade:
- 1 heaped tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour

1. Add a splash of sunflower oil to a hot wok. Add egg mix, stir constantly to create fine, light scrambled flakes.
2. Once almost cooked, remove egg from wok, and place aside.
3. Dry-wipe wok. Add splash of oil, chuck in the garlic and mince pork. Leave on high heat to brown. Grate ginger over the top whilst this is cooking. Only when meat is browned do you stir fry.
4. Add all veg. Stir fry.
5. Add the eggs, stir into the mix.
6. Stir in marinade.

Sprinkle fresh chilli onto the dish. Serve with steamed fragrant jasmine rice.

Homesickness be gone! (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment