Contrary to the impression I try to create in this blog, I actually never used to enjoy cooking until recently, when the penny just kinda 'dropped'. I mean - don't get me wrong - not cooking have never stopped me from eating great food [the majority of such meals have been provided for me by my very talented husband - who, as it happens, adores time alone in the kitchen making delicious food for us. I hope that explains why it so long for me to even feel the need to cook...]. As the daughter of an ex-chef, it's also kinda hard not to appreciate the labour of love in good food, but finding the patience to do it was just something I had no capacity for. Until now. [I'm sure somewhere in Hong Kong, my dad is punching the air with joy right now.]
So yeah, I love it now. It's all I think about. I run home from work trying to think of things I can cook with the ingredients in the fridge. Imagine how much my bottom lip stuck out when I realized Mr Nik wanted to cook tonight... But I tells ya, when this guy's in the kitchen, I just have to concede and let him work his magic.
And here's what he made - Mr Nik's posh burger dinner - an ol' fave of mine (^_^)!
Ingredients:
- ground beef
- handful of fresh asparagus
- 2 sweet potatoes
- butter
- cream
- handful of frozen garden peas
- 1 handful grated parmesan
Burgers:
1. Season the beef. Mix with Mr Nik's homemade tomato & onion chutney [really must get that recipe up here soon - its delicious] & homemade pesto [we had so much leftover from the Gnocchi lunch]
2. Once combined, form into patties. Sear both sides on a super hot frying pan.
3. When seared, place patties [still in pan] in hot oven [170º] for about 15mins
Sweet potato bed:
1. Chop potatoes into smallish chunks and boil until soft.
2. Once boiled, add knob of butter, splash of cream and stir in some frozen peas. The heat from the potatoes will cook the peas nicely.
Aparagus:
1. Place asparagus in tin foil pouch with a knob of butter. Season.
2. Seal up tin foil pouch. Place in hot oven [about 170º] for 5 mins.
Parmesan sauce:
1. Heat up 1/4 litre of cream in saucier
2. Add parmesan
3. Pepper generously
4. Stir until sauce thickens to desired consistency
Serve and devour!
The Story Doesn't End Here
9 years ago

I want more!!!
ReplyDeleteyou're more than welcome to make some more!
ReplyDelete